Menopause Problems? Do Something About It!
There's a lot of talk about hormone replacement therapy and their alternatives, but here's something you can do about menopausal problems such as hot flashes that doesn't involve popping pills of any kind and could be just as effective at easing symptoms.
Rest and Relaxation
Rest and relaxation play a vital role in reducing stress and maintaining proper body functioning. One of the most luxurious ways to relax is with a massage. And while you are being massaged, you can relax even more in the knowledge that you are reaping many other benefits like improved circulation, better muscle tone and more efficient elimination of body toxins and wastes ? it?s a buzz that?s really good for you on many levels.
Meditation can help relax and calm the mind to help you find inner peace and contentment ? a vital link to appreciating the changes in life. There are many forms of meditation available through, meditation centres, yoga centres and counsellors. Something to suit everyone.
There are few things that you can do to get the wide reaching effects of exercise! Apart from weight control, exercise stimulates your internal organs to function better, improves muscle tone, keeps your heart healthy, helps build strong bones, improves the immune system and metabolism, reduces stress, helps you sleep and relax and keeps you supple. How you choose to do it is up to you, here are some suggestions:
- Yoga: Not enough can be said about yoga. It?s benefits are not only physical but emotional and spiritual. Join a class and find out how to do it properly.
- Tai Chi: Gentle and effective. Good for people who are not normally active.
- Walking: Easiest thing to do. Join a walking group or find a friend and explore the neighbourhood. Make sure to balance you walk on concrete to build bones and softer surfaces like grass to avoid injury to knees and improve muscle tone.
- Swimming: Non-impacting and works the whole body. Provides aerobic benefits which help your heart.
- Personal Trainer: Invest in your future by getting a personally tailored program that works for you.
- Gymnasium: If you want the benefits of state of the art equipment and guidance by professionals, a gymnasium may be for you. Find a gym that suits your needs & budget.
The Natural Health Directory provides health solutions and alternative medicine resources for your mind, body and spirit. Visit our menopause resource pages for more information at http://www.thenaturalhealthdirectory.com/menopause.htm